Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15, 2007

Now and then, I see someone I know on the talkshows. Last week, Kassandra was on Maury. We've met a couple times. I thought it was awesome that she had the courage to appear on a talk show and share her story.

I'm almost completely healed from my facial surgery. If you had asked me about a week post op, I would have said I wish I hadn't done it. Now that it's over, I'm glad I did this. It has made life so much easier. There is one minor surgery I may have early next year. I will decide within the next couple months. I thought for a fleeting moment about posting photos after the surgery. It was not a pretty sight.

This year is the 30th anniversary of one and only ABBA tour of Australia. There is a show this evening in Sydney in the theater where the ABBA movie premiered 30 years ago yesterday.

How is this important you ask? I guess it's not really, but I think it's pretty cool. Sometimes I think I'm stuck in the seventies. I'm not sure I even want to leave.

The furor over ENDA has mostly died down. The reality has set in that the TG community was thrown to the curb. What happened to the premise that people have a right to be who they are, no matter who they are? It is the old politics of expediency.

No comments: