Monday, April 03, 2006

life's humor, then lows

I was in the library again the other day and found a couple books I wanted to check out. It occurred to me I'd not gotten a library card yet in my name, which is something I need to take care of.

Anyway, I told the librarian this was 'my husband's card'. She scanned in the computer and said, "it looks like he has a $.20 overdue fine". All I had was a ten, so she said, "he can pay it next time he's in".

I thought of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates a girl he thinks is too much like him. He says, "I've found who I've been looking for..me. Now I've swept myself off my feet!" Life can be a hoot sometimes.


Then life has it's low points. I wrote at Christmas how excited I was that my daughter and son came over for a visit, after not seeing them in several years. I was hoping my daughter had not come only because she wanted financial help. Unfortunately, the last several months have proved this was the case. It adds sadness to an otherwise wonderful life. She hung up the phone on me the other night, after using not very nice words.

I need to read again what I wrote about letting go, and take my own advice. Not an easy thing to do where your children are concerned....but it's reality.

I went back to that place where my two friends were refused service. Those two young men are either no longer there, or are not working when I go in. As I said, discrimination in any form is unacceptable and must not go unchallenged.

No comments: