Thursday, December 14, 2006

odds & ends

I must be in the spirit of Christmas. I'm finally enjoying 'Holly Jolly Christmas' by Burl Ives. That's a sure sign for me.

I probably won't see my children this year. I haven't seen my daughter since last year. She got what she wanted financially and hasn't seen fit to visit since last Christmas. I called my son, but haven't heard from him...yet. I will read again what I say about letting go.

I made a bit of a mistake last night. I decided to look at some very old photographs of my family. These go back many years. I found one of my ex holding my six month old son in the back yard. It got to me in a major way. I won't be doing that again for a while. My emotions are running rampant these days.

Last Monday evening was the Time Out Youth potluck social. It was at a coffee house and a lot of fun. Some of the young folks performed original poetry and musical compositions. I read the piece I wrote on The Transgender Day of Remembrance in November. Some of the people seem to appreciate it, which makes me feel good.

I'm one of the volunteers, but I think I'm the one who gets the most benefit. The maturity of these young people is in stark contrast to my life as a teen. I told them I know people who have spent a lifetime trying to find their way. They have already done it.

There is a new transgendered character introduced on 'All My Children'. I've set the DVR a few times to get a feel for it. So far, I am underwhelmed. I have not seen a lot of depth to this character so far. There truly is no pun intended there.

No comments: