Sunday, July 08, 2007

I began phsyical therapy last week to regain mobility in my right arm. I never thought holding my hand straight and turning my wrist would bring beads of sweat, but it surely did. If something as minimal as this can be so hard, it's difficult to even comprehend what some people have to endure in rehab. It makes me realize how lucky I've been, and am.

Last night was our Charlotte Gender Alliance meeting (http://charlottegender.tripod.com/)
I am very enthused about this effort and our format. So many gender variant men and women must endure stress and hardship. One of the most stressful can be the feeling of isolation. We have all known the feeling to one degree or another.

A discussion group with this format ensures participation by everyone present. Each person becomes a coequal sum of all the parts, no matter where their place on the gender path may be. This is something whose time has come. This is the time and we are the people.

I wasn't my usual self physically, but I felt better when I got to our meeting. It's beyond cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.