Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ellen DeGeneres response to Sally Kern

Several days ago, Okahoma State Representative Sally Kern expressed her views regarding the so called 'gay agenda'.

I, and others have written reams about the fact gay people in the LGBT community generally do not 'get' transgender people. Barney Frank says 'people of transgender' need to do more education. Thousands of people I honor are doing exactly that.

I believe our pressing need is to address the chasm that exists not only between the Transgender community and the rest of the world (including the church - another issue I will begin addressing soon), but within the LGBT community.

Most of my friends, the finest people I have known in a lifetime, are gay. Ms. Kern is telling us my friends are more dangerous than terrorists

Ellen DeGeneres responded yesterday. Listen to her segment here.

Does anyone think it was easy for Ellen DeGeneres to come out? This woman risked everything to be able to look at herself in the mirror each morning.

One of my closest friends on earth has done more outreach to the elderly and homeless than one could imagine. For her to be addressed as more dangerous than a terrorists brings a simultaneous anger and sadness I cannot even put into words.

Nope, as I said last night, compromise must be forever and absolutely unacceptable.

No comments: