Saturday, August 01, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

Even post Pride Charlotte, there is discussion about the protestors and their plans of last weekend. In a few blogs around the country, there was discussion Sunday about what happened in Charlotte Saturday.

I won't give the organization the courtesy of adding a potential Google search, but they had announced 1,000 protestors and outreach teams. Thursday evening, I learned they would be allowed inside the venue this year. As I posted earlier, it was a non issue and their numbers were small.

These organizations are skilled at writing press releases and publicity announcements. They are not good at doing what they say. I've seen repeated examples.

We cannot, and should not ignore those who would oppose us. We do grant them a certain legitimacy that is neither deserved nor earned. Our success will come to reality in focusing on what we do right, rather than what they are hoping to do.

When we know we are on the right side of history, and the future, nothing will stop us. We are, and nothing did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks