Sunday, December 07, 2008

December 7, 2008

Yesterday morning we had a Sean's Last Wish board meeting in Greenville, SC at 8:30 AM, followed by a volunteer meeting at 2 PM. I think there were 9 new volunteers which is a wonderful show of passion and support.

A videographer taped The Day of Remembrance ceremonies in Charlotte which we viewed during the volunteer meeting. I swear I got as emotional watching this as I did during the event. It's just such an overwhelming feeling when you think about all the people we don't know about who are suffering abuse.

Incidentally, if you are looking for a unique Christmas gift which will make an impact on the life of the giftee, I would encourage you to consider the book, 'Crisis' by Mitchell Gold. Sean's story is this book, as well as that of certain men and women who are quite well known. If you purchase through the website, profits go to the foundation. There is still time before Christmas.

I got back to Charlotte in time for our Charlotte Gender Alliance meeting at 7 PM. It was a busy day, but filled with events which are vitally important.

No comments: