Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16, 2009

We spent 12 hours at UNC Charlotte yesterday. The updated educational panels with the voice mails from the night of Sean's murder moved a lot of people.

Last year I spoke at Winthrop University and had the same feeling. There is something about seeing our future leaders come to the forefront that moves me to tears. These young folks are amazing. If any of you read this, I am proud to have met you all.





A drag performer was murdered in Fayetteville, NC two nights ago. You can read the article via this link at Pam's House Blend. It just goes on and on. In the auditorium last night there were photographs of slain LGBT people on the screen. Signs were posted outside with many photos. Then I come home and read this.

There is an issue of whether she identified as gender variant. What I do know is she identified as a human being.

No comments: