Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Nuts in Charlotte

The gas situation in the southeast is insane. More specifically, some folks in Charlotte are insane. I found fuel yesterday with only two people ahead in line. I thought, how cool is this? A guy in a Mercedes creeped out his door, moseyed over to the pump and suddenly realized he just might need his debit card.

He fumbled through his wallet and laid out all the cards on the trunk. Having found the treasured debit card, he realized he would need a PIN number. He fumbled a while longer while folks in line were running on fumes. You would have thought the guy was playng Solitaire on the top of that trunk lid. He finally got lucky and picked the right card, then gave me a smile.

I wondered to myself what he would say if I took out a baseball bat and asked him the eternal riddle: What happens when you hit a Mercedes with a ball bat? Answer -- The Mercedes Bends.

I gotta get in anger management.

No comments: