Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November 5, 2008



Last night was our class at the university. We've been having a panel discussion with a human sexuality class for quite a number of years. It's been my pleasure to be coordinator the last several years. It's always good to bring people who are doing this the first time. No one has ever been sorry they came. This visit, one of our gentleman members attended. I was proud of Leigh for doing this. He, and everyone did a great job as always.

Weekend before last, I was invited to a wedding reception for Connie, one of the girls I worked with. It was good seeing her and Regina again. I've put up a photo we took. You can click to enlarge.

Charlotte Gender Alliance is planning our event for The Transgender Day of Remembrance November 20th. Details to follow, but this event should be well attended. The community center in Charlotte is working with us in a major way to promote this. I believe this will be a time of relationship building with them. I can easily envision our organization meeting there in the near future.

We are quickly outgrowing our current meeting place. The conference table was full this past Saturday evening, with people taking seats behind the table. We never expected this kind of growth, but it is of no surprise. As with anything worthwhile, you find a need and then fill it.

No comments: